Become a Scorer
After successfully completing your ProTeach Portfolio and earning your professional certificate, you may want to help others do the same by becoming a ProTeach Portfolio scorer. ProTeach Portfolio scorers are:
- Faculty from schools of education in institutions of higher education
- ProTeach Portfolio support providers
- ProTeach Portfolio school district coordinators and facilitators
- School district administrators
- P–12 teachers who hold a Washington professional certificate
- P–12 teachers who hold National Board Certification
Scorers must successfully complete a comprehensive training program designed by ETS specifically for the ProTeach Portfolio. Training is provided as part of each scoring session. As a ProTeach Portfolio scorer, you will become an expert in 1 of the 3 entries and score only that entry.
Along with the satisfaction of playing an important role in the professional development of teachers, other benefits of being a ProTeach Portfolio scorer include:
- additional income — scorers earn $20 per hour
- continuing education clock hours — 10 hours for initial training and 10 hours per scoring session; up to 20 hours total for the year; for further details, please visit the Washington Professional Educator Standards Board.
- convenience — returning scorers work from home on your personal computer
- minimal time — 2 remote scoring sessions per year in July and February